The Face to Face Art Program designed by ALF Administrator and Portrait Artist, Ileana Prosper Holman, was created for adults living in retirement communities to provide an innovative, engaging experience for Residents at all ages and levels of care.
Since the program began in 2015, Ileana’s simple, step-by-step approach to portrait drawing has been embraced by people of all ages and is now being taught in corporate settings and events throughout the Tampa Bay area. Using outline drawings created by the Artist, supplies provided for in-class use, and an easy-to-follow, live demo, Participants learn to create lively, expressive portraits in a little over an hour.
Goal: Use the art of portrait drawing to enrich the lives of residents in our community.
Participants learn to take a flat, two-dimensional sketch and apply different drawing techniques to create an expressive portrait full of depth and emotion in a little over an hour.
Benefits of the Program:
- Enhances cognitive function and helps improve fine motor skills
- Provides a fun and stimulating activity that fosters creativity and imagination
- Creates the opportunity for Participants to discover hidden talents and provides a sense of satisfaction
- Promotes socialization and reduces anxiety/depression.
Participating Communities include:
- Allegro Hyde Park
- The Watermark at Trinity
- Coral Oaks Senior Living
- Sabal Palms of Largo
- Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Whispering Oaks
- Mease Manor LTC and MC
- JCC’s Weinberg Village at Citrus Park
Classes are available in both English and Spanish. Please call 786-366-1388 for scheduling.