The Face to Face Art Program created by ALF Administrator and Portrait Artist, Ileana Prosper Holman, was initially designed for residents living in retirement communities as an innovative art experience with therapeutic benefits. Using outline drawings created by the Artist, supplies provided for in-class use, and an easy-to-follow, live demo, participants learn to create lively, expressive portraits in a relaxed environment.
Since the program launched in 2015, it has grown to include cartooning, collage, mixed media collaborations, abstract art, and meditative ink drawing. Classes are suitable for teens and adults of all levels and are available in both English and Spanish.
Goal: Use the art of portrait drawing to enrich people’s lives.
Participants learn to apply different drawing techniques to create expressive works of art in 1-2 hours.
Benefits of the Program:
- Enhances cognitive function and helps improve fine motor skills
- Provides a fun and stimulating activity that fosters creativity and imagination
- Creates the opportunity for participants to discover hidden talents and provides a sense of satisfaction
- Promotes socialization and reduces anxiety/depression.
Participating Communities include:
- Allegro Hyde Park
- Arbor Terrace at Citrus Park
- The Watermark at Trinity
- Coral Oaks Senior Living
- Sabal Palms of Largo
- Westchester Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Whispering Oaks
- Mease Manor LTC and MC
- JCC’s Weinberg Village at Citrus Park
Please call 786-366-1388 for scheduling.